Sunday, June 6, 2010

Well, two tests down and two to go.  Audit is next, something miraculous needs to happen so I don't die studying it...seriously, Whit thought I went into a comatose seizure because drool started streaming from my mouth.  Joking aside, it should be a fun summer for us, not the least of which because we get to head up north for a week or so!

The bishop had a fireside for the youth this evening, and though I wasn't too excited to leave my family to attend, I definitely was blessed for doing so.  The bishop talked to the youth tonight about having the Holy Spirit in our lives.  It was interesting as I sat there, on several occasions I had flashbacks to my mission where I had to put forth considerable effort to ensure that I had the Spirit in my companionship.  It was a great reminder that we have complete control over the inclusion of the Spirit in our lives.  Our bishop remarked that there are several things that we can do to immediately bring the Spirit.  And this is where some of my mission experiences came to mind, haha, in fact, they all involved the same companion, bless his Canadian heart =]  Singing hymns, saying prayers, giving service, and performing priesthood ordinances are all ways that will bring the Spirit immediately to you.  And how important is that?  I was also thinking a couple times today about teaching and learning, particularly by the Spirit.  I'm sure we've all felt at times during a lesson or whilst studying, the 'understanding' that comes when the Spirit is teaching you.  It's almost surreal, as truth and doctrine is made perfectly clear to you, not only to your mind, but to your spirit also.  And when you subsequently try to go and teach that to someone with the same clarity, and intellectual description just can't do it justice, because that type of truth depends little on the spoken word.

Tonight was an excellent reminder to me, to actively seek to have the Spirit with me.  Hey, if I'm lucky, maybe the Spirit is an expert on the Audit CPA exam...wouldn't that be fantastically superb?

We love you all!

P.S.  I'll fix the picture up north sometime soon...maybe =]  It may be a great vehicle to motivate you to post on time.  Perhaps we can call it the wall of shame.  I can erase your picture if you don't post, and you can't reappear until the next time when you get a chance to post in a timely manner

X^D

No comments:

Post a Comment