Sunday, July 25, 2010

Finding Sanity in an INSANE World

This week has been absolutely INSANE at the Morris household.  My friend and I started a Dessert Table/creative blog and we've already partnered up with a wedding and reception center here in town as their exclusive dessert buffet vendor.  We are putting together a birthday party this weekend, I'm also helping with a baby shower the same day, doing a cake the next weekend, and then putting together an AMAZING dessert buffet for this huge bridal fair here in town... which has to be done the weekend after that, right before we leave for vacation again (and hope that Adam isn't fired by the time he gets back, since he's taking so much vacation this summer).  It's a little overwhelming, but it's very very exciting for me.  This is what I love to do, and it brings me such great joy to see other people's reaction to these tables.  I feel like I've found the perfect medium to express my artistic (not crafty) self.

Adam was also gone this week for High Adventure camp.  I realized while he was gone, that Adam is definitely my better half.  I was doing pretty good, keeping my cool and even keeping the house clean, but by Saturday, I was bitter and angry with the whole world.  I had my little breakdown when I first heard Adam's voice for the first time in 6 days, but after being with him for just a couple of hours and letting out all my frustrations,  I felt like a new person.  I could cope again, and I didn't want to eat my children for dinner anymore.  I'm so grateful for such a wonderful husband who keeps me grounded.  Without him, I'd be in the loony bin, no doubt. 

There are times when this life is hard, when we just don't want to be patient anymore, but, we are here on this earth to finish the race.  In today's sacrament talk, the speaker told the story of John Stephen Ahkwari, who ran in the 1968 Olympic marathon.  Ahkwari had been badly injured during the race, and finished, with a mangled and bloody leg, over an hour after the winner.  When the interviewer asked him why he had finished the race (as he knew he had no chance of winning), Ahkwari looked at him and said, "You don’t understand. My country did not send me 5,000 miles to start a race, they sent me to finish it.”  We are not here to just start the race, or to even win it, but just to finish it.  For a short video on Ahkwari's race, click here.

Anyway, sorry for the disjointedness of this post,
I love you all!
Whitney

P.S. here's my pictures from our trip up to Idaho, we'll never forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment