Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Come what may and love it

The title for this blog comes from our beloved apostle Elder Wirthlin. I had an experience the other day in which the counsel from this talk helped me make a good choice. Nathan had been pleading for me to make cinnamon rolls and finally on Sunday I relented and started making the rolls. Nathan being the helpful thoughtful young man that he is wanted to help and so I gave him a cup of flour and told him to dump it in the kitchenaid with the other ingredients. Well Nathan accidentally dropped the flour AND the cup in the whirling kitchenaid and lo and behold flour, batter, and cup went flying everywhere! Oh what a lovely mess! My first reaction was one of dismay because of the enormous mess. Then I looked at an equally stunned Nathan who was completely covered in batter and flour and I burst out laughing with Nathan joining in. It was a wonderful sweet moment to be with my son laughing at something which I could have chosen to be upset about. Thank you Elder Wirthlin for teaching us to laugh and see the humor in difficult and annoying situations. I love you all! Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment