Sunday, May 31, 2009

Wonderful Stake Conference

Dad and I attended the Saturday Session of Stake Conference with Elder Bednar in attendance. It was wonderful! I came to love, respect, and admire Elder Bednar in a way I had not previously. He is a Master teacher and even though he is very firm ,,(I really liked his firmness) he was very warm and congenial with us. I really felt how much he loves us. On Saturday he talked about agency , covenants, and what it means to be consecrated. When we make covenants we are turning our lives over to God and are using our agency to say my life and everything I am and have is yours and I dedicated my whole life to doing and following your will. Sacrifice is saying I will give my life and the stuff I own for the gospel sake while consecration which is the higher law is giving our complete selves, in essence a thy will be done attitude in everything we do. It is seeking everyday of our lives to do our Father's will and not our will. I kinda compare it to putting off the natural man and becoming a Saint through the atonement of Jesus Christ. I want to do better. I think I will put my novels down and replace themwith something more eternal in nature. On Sunday Elder Bednar said that the question he is asked most often is how do I tell if its the Spirit that is prompting me or just my own feelings. He said his counsel is not to worry about it. Just be good boys and girls and the Spirit will guide you in your lives. He said most of the time we don't even know the Spirit has been guiding us until after the fact. He said we should act on good things in our lives and the power will come. Live good lives, keep the commandments and our covenants, serve the Lord and the Spirit will direct our lives. This counsel was very comforting to Dad because this is the way he has always lives and I think he wonders why he does'mt receive more spiritual promtings. But the Lord is working through him because he is a good boy! We love you all and you are always in our prayers and hearts. Give those babies hugs! Love Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment