Monday, February 14, 2011

THE BIG 12

The first thing I'd like to say that no one has blogged since December. I turned 12 yesterday. It was a great experience. At the beginning of church I went up on the stand. They gave me my certificate of advancement from primary. Then I gave my article of faith. The 11 article of faith. Then I went to normal class. Then I went to deacons quorum. I loved it! My teacher is great. Then after church I went to go get ordained it took about 10 minutes to finally get my mom and dad down to the Bishops office. We went in there and the bishop talked about being a deacon. Then he asked my mom and dad to tell what they liked about me. Mom said how I am a hard worker. How I like everyone and love to be silly and tease. She also said that I have a pure and obedient heart. Dad added a little more. He said that when I play sports I care about my teammates and want them to succeed. My dad also said that I was a great uncle. The bishop told me I had great parents and they had a great kid. The bishop told me to be careful during my teenage years and to be aware that Satan wants to destroy me and to get me to do bad things. My dad ordained me to the Aaronic priesthood. He told me that I was blessed with many talents and abilities from the pre-existence and I was to use them to be a blessing in the lives of others. He told me to prepare to serve an honorable mission and that being obedient and doing my duty in the Aaronic Priesthood would help me to prepare.

No comments:

Post a Comment