Sunday, September 5, 2010

Don't get Spued!

So, I sat for a couple of hours thinking of what I should spend me time writing about.  And lest the wrath of the blog-nazi fell upon me for not posting in time, I decided to post about the very same. =D

It was not very many years ago that Whitney and I were married and we began something wonderful.  I always knew that Whitney had some spunk, and good bit of drive, but I didn't realize how wonderfully driven she really was until the past couple years.

I'd say the first few years of our marriage, especially with school, Whit was pretty timid in many ways, and even shy, almost to the point where it would hold her back.  Mostly, she didn't want to offend anyone or hurt feelings...let's just say there were some inconvenient situations she found herself in, just to avoid potentially inconveniencing others...yeah, it killed me! =D  But, I love her for it.

These past couple years though, amidst all of the crazy moving, school, and tests, more children, Whitney has been nothing short of inspirational.  The sheer amount of things she has done (not to be eclipsed by the amazingness),  is pretty cool to think about.  It is so much fun to see her take the creativity that has been sleeping for so long, and watching it transform food & frosting into something amazing.  Or to see her dream up a new design and having to McGyver some mirrors here, and some 2x4's there.  Sometimes I envy her drive, because most of what she does not come out of necessity, but from her intrinsic desire to always be about doing and doing good, and her propensity to create beautiful things from seemingly nothing.

I always knew I wanted a woman who knew what she wanted in life.  And i can tell you that those prayers were answered.  Whitney's passions enrich our marriage and our family more than I ever could have imagined. 

The scripture in Revelations comes to mind, "I would thou wert cold or hot.  So because thou art lukewarm...I will spue thee out of my mouth." (um yes, Whitney is HOT!).  What the Savior is teaching in this passage is that he wants us to choose, and not sit on the fence, and to make those decisions on our own, for "it is not meet that i should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant."

So aside from not wanting to be a sloth, I do want to be a wise servant.  And so it is important that I find a way to have drive in my own life and do thinga not because I have to, but because I truly feel that they are important, and good, and what the Lord wants me to be doing.

I'm a lucky man!  You all are great!  Whitney and I thank our Heavenly Father nightly for the wonderful families that we are a part of. 

I hope all is well wherever you are, and whatever you may be doing.

-ADAM-

1 comment:

  1. Morris, you mushy mush! Seriously, you're a good man. I'm glad I never have to worry about whether my brother-in-law is treating my sister-in-law right. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete