Sunday, May 9, 2010

Kick off

Ok family,

It's time to kick off our family blog again! So here's how it goes. We will take turns blogging each week. I'll start, since I'm already here, and then Mom and Dad will have next week. Lindsey and Stu will take the 23rd, and Kelsey the 30th. Nathan, you can post if you want to, but we won't make you until you have the priesthood :) So enjoy the next 9 months. Now, I WILL hound you. I'll call you on Sunday to remind you. If I don't see a post by 10 pm MST, I'll call you AGAIN. If I don't see one Monday morning, I'll call you every half hour until I see one. So you better just get 'er done quick.

Today we went to see Adam's cousin's farewell. I was a little grumpy about it at first, I wanted to sleep in on Mother's Day, and I didn't want to haul across town. I like my ward, and I wanted to go there. I even told Adam to take the kids, and I would go to our ward later. Haha, BAD ATTITUDE. I got over my grumpiness though, and we went to the farewell. It was lovely, but truth be told, I had a better experience just sitting there with my little Hallie. She didn't want anyone but me all Sacrament, and we sat there and sang songs quietly in our pew, played a few little games, and just did what we do during Sacrament meeting. Hallie was SO good though, and so cute. It gave me a lot of time to really reflect on motherhood and the trials and rewards that come along with it. I thought about myself as a mother and to resolve to do better in certain areas. I love Mother's Day for that reason. I often think about the kind of Mother Mom was, and the kind that I am. I try to put myself in my kids shoes and think of what kind of mother I would really like to have as a 3 year old or a one year old. And mostly, I'm just grateful to be a mom. I get jealous from time to time of those people who are married without children, and think of all the freedoms they enjoy (they are DEFINITELY ignorant to a degree of this magnitude of freedom). But then I think about the joys that I have in motherhood as I watch the women go to school or work, and I don't envy that part of their life. I love being at home with my kids. It is the most rewarding job ever it brings me great joy and happiness, and I know it's exactly what I am supposed to be doing with my life.

Happy Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment